Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Our Vehicles

We should (I hope...crossing my fingers) be getting my hubby's truck back from the mechanic tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow. It's been in the shop for over a week now. We had to take it in since the engine was smoking and it wasn't running right. So $1200 and a week later, we should have our vehicle back. And it's about time too...I've missed my car! My hubby has been using it for the past few days and it's kind of driving me nuts!! It's not like I need to use the car, it's just that it's not in the garage in case I do need to use it. I'm crazy, I know. I would feel so much better knowing that my car was at my disposal for whenever I need it. But, it too needs to go into the shop. Someone hit my passenger side mirror and I need a new one. It was at the mechanics to be fixed, but when my hubby's trucks started having problems (and became undrivable), we switched out vehicles. We should be getting my car back in to the mechanic sometime soon...once we have paid off the trucks repairs and we have the money for a new mirror. So, it might be a while! :-)

6
Blogger Unknown said...

It all happens at once, doesn't it? Our pick-up is sitting out in the drive waiting to be repaired. I have a feeling it will be a biggie bill!

On the swimming lessons, the average rate around here is around $25 for five days of half hour lessons. It doesn't sound like it is long enough, but it really is! There are a lot of compitent high school girls that give lessons. Sometimes it really works well because they can be more enthusiastic than adults.

I am paying $40 for each boy for one week. I know it that is quite a jump, but their instructor is 25 and has been doing this for 11 years. She is awesome! Also, she is an early-childhood educator and is very patient with them.

Good luck!

July 12, 2006 9:55 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Whoa! Expensive repair. How will yours come out?
Thanks for dropping by.

July 12, 2006 11:13 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I totally understand where you are coming from! My hubby's truck is acting up too. He's been taking my car but hasn't taken his truck to be repaired. We've been thinking about buying a new vehicle and he doesn't want to sink more money into one we won't have. Therefore I am stuck carless.

July 12, 2006 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I hate that feeling, too! Even if I know I won't need the car, I get all weirded out when it's not available...

July 12, 2006 3:20 PM

 
Blogger riskybiz said...

I sometimes hate vehicles!

July 12, 2006 9:20 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Well, it always comes in three's for us DW...my car, my hubby's truck, and my doctor's bill all came at the same time. Ahhh, such is life!

Mine will cost about $200 FC.

We've thought about getting something new (to us) as well OGO. As it is we all can't fit into my hubby's truck and then to add another little one in October...we just need something bigger.

I hear ya Jen and Riskybiz!!!

July 17, 2006 10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home