Life is Grand!!!

Friday, July 14, 2006

2996 Tribute

The 2,996 Project: The idea is simple, but powerful: have a special tribute for each victim of 9/11, with each tribute being created by a different blogger. We started 2,996 Project to coordinate the creation of the tributes, and that's what this site is all about. Here you can sign up to make a tribute yourself, on your blog (we'll randomly assign a victim to you). You can also browse or search through either the victims that have already been assigned, or those that have not -- and you can get pointers to more information on all of them. (Taken from this site.)

I would encourage you all to be a part of this wonderful tribute! As of July 13, 846 bloggers have signed up. So of the 2996 victims, 28.2% have been assigned to someone. As you can see, we need more people to sign up! I would love to see everyone on my blog links to sign up for a tribute. Please think about it.

For more information, you can visit the man who started it all. Here is his tribute blog. If you would like to sign up, click here...thanks!




Have a great weekend everyone!!!

6
Blogger Jana said...

I think this is a fabulous idea. I was number eighty-something to sign up, I think. I got a fireman who died in the WTC.

I would encourage anyone who hasn't done it yet to sign up!

July 14, 2006 8:55 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I saw that on your sidebar yesterday and clicked and read about it. It does sound like a nice idea and a fine tribute.

July 14, 2006 10:00 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

What a wonderful idea!

July 14, 2006 11:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed up.

July 14, 2006 10:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll look into it

July 16, 2006 11:55 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I wanted to sign up sooner Jana, but I decided to wait till I was done with prison.

You should def join Guru!

I agree TC!!!

Wonderful, worderful Faith...thank you!

We can def talk about it tonight OZ!!!

Thanks Day!

July 17, 2006 10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home