Life is Grand!!!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Jammin!

Yesterday, instead of our worship band leading music, we had a special guest band (you can hear some of their songs if you click on the link) come in and play for us! They have lead worship for our church in the past, and were so well liked that they came back.

It was cool hearing their acoustic drums since my church uses an electric set. And you could hear the bass from outside the church! They really rocked yesterday! It was loud in the sanctuary, but everyone was lovin it! With arms raised and hips swaying, the congregation praised God with this fantastic rock band!!!

Tonight I get to hear another great rock band...and in my own home! My hubby's band is practicing in our basement, but I can't wait to see what God has in store for them. They were excellent at my parent's church when they performed for our prison group, so I'm looking forward to their next gig. I know they are working on something for September, but I think they are setting up a gig for next month as well. I love it that they want to perform for an audience (no matter what the size) every month to stay on top of their game.

Have a great Monday everyone!

8
Blogger Shannon said...

99 days to go!!!!!!wow it goes by fast when your not the one pregnant :)

July 17, 2006 9:51 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Sounds great! What a difference in our churches - when I'm going to sing, I have to find a soundtrack with no drums at all!

July 17, 2006 9:57 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

sounds like a lot of fun.

July 17, 2006 11:00 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Sounds wonderful!

July 17, 2006 1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed yourself.

July 17, 2006 7:45 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like things are picking up for your husband's band. Great!

July 18, 2006 1:19 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I was looking at that guest band's website. They seem pretty cool. The Matt guy has kind of got that Carrot Top thing going on, doesn't he?

July 18, 2006 9:24 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I can't believe I'm half way through Shannon!

So sorry Jana! I grew up in a church like that...I'm glad we found this one.

It was, thanks TC, Day, and OGO.

I'm very proud of them DW!

They are really cool Guru! And my balding pastor even said something about how much hair the band has! :-)

July 25, 2006 10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home