Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Doctor's Appointment

Today I'm off to another doctor's appointment. That means that I have to load up all three boys and take them over to my mom's for her to watch them for at least an hour. I hate inconveniencing her like that, but right now I really have no other option...and I'm just glad she is willing to help out!

But starting this month, I have to start going to the doc every other week. By the end of September, I will be going every week. So, I really need to find another way for someone to watch the boys. I just don't want to bother my mom with watching them every week. I know she won't have a problem with it, but I would. I'm the one getting paid to watch them, so I don't like anyone else having to watch them for me. I guess I just need to start scheduling my appointments (if I can) during my hubby's lunch hour. But then again, that's his only break during the work day and I would hate to inconvenience him with watching the boys. I'll have to think of something.

Btw, I have been getting slightly stressed out about gaining weight. I don't want to go in today and the nurse tell me that I have gained 5 or more pounds. I really want to keep my weight gain at a minimum this time. I gained too much with my first little boy, and I would love to keep my weight gain under 20 pounds this time. Well, a girl can dream, right?!

6
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I am so much like you and I hate inconveniencing other people. I would talk to your dh and you mom and tell them what is on your mind. they surprise you with what they think or they may have another solution for you. Either way don't stress out about that or about the weight. You can always lose it after.

August 02, 2006 9:41 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

I don't know if she still does or not, but I know Dr. F used to have super early appointment times. If she still does, maybe you could try to snag those slots.

If not, I happen to know someone who lives really close to you that could keep an eye on the boys while you go. I could get you her number. ;)

August 02, 2006 11:37 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I gained a lot of weight with my first but was right on target with my second. Isn't 23 or so lbs what the doctors say should be your goal? Just be healthy!

August 02, 2006 7:36 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Just keep away from sweets and high caloric diet and you'll be alright.

Take care! God Bless!

August 03, 2006 9:18 AM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Don't stress about weight gain! You know that you can't diet so it is what it is at this point. Second babies tend to be bigger anyway, so part of a bigger gain could be due to baby. 25-30 is what I've been told is good to gain.

As for babysitting, if your mom doesn't mind, it really is better if she can help. Besides, as your appointments get closer to due date, you know the doc will have to check you more than just a tummy shove and push.

August 03, 2006 5:47 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I will def being going on a diet after the baby is born TC...I just can't stand weighing so much.

I actually got one of those really early appointments Lo...thanks for the reminder. My next visit is at 7:05, so I should be home by the time G needs to go to work.

Awwww, thanks PJ!!!

I think it's like 25-30 OGO, so I hope I stay on target.

Will do Viamarie, thanks!

My mom loves to help Jennboree, I just hate to ask her.

August 08, 2006 10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home