Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What To Do....Hmmmmm....

I would love to go see my fav all time band, Third Day, when they come to Columbus (in September), but the tickets are soooo expensive. I'm a part of their fan club, so I can buy tickets for the concert today instead of waiting till Friday when they actually go on sale. I've got third row tickets on hold, but it will cost almost $100 for two tickets after fees and shipping. That is just more money than I wanted to spend. I could wait till closer to the event and get on ebay for my tickets. It could cost less, but who knows where the tickets would be seated.

However, on ebay, I found tickets for a Third Day show in Michigan that includes one of my hubby's fav bands, Jars of Clay. The concert is next month, so my hubby and I could make a weekend trip out of it to celebrate our anniversary (which is 3 days before the concert). We would have a 6 hour drive to get there, but both of us have never been to Michigan before and we could do some sight seeing once there.

I just don't know what to do. $100 is a lot to me, but it would be third row seats for a Third Day concert...heehee! It would be an anniversary gift for my hubby and I, but I'm the one who is the band's fan. The hubby really enjoys the group, but for him to do this for our anniversary would make me feel really guilty. I want to do something/buy something that we would both equally enjoy. He wants to go ahead and buy the tickets cause he knows I'm a huge Third Day fan, but I am a big time penny pincher and I don't feel right about it.

What would you do?

9
Blogger Pete said...

The Michigan thing sounds like the way to go, but there isn't much to sightsee there. Michigan is a dirty stinking hell-hole, give or take a hell.

Okay, so I've only ever been to Detroit, but I like to make broad generalizations!

July 26, 2006 11:45 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

The Third Day tickets sound like a wonderful idea.

July 26, 2006 1:38 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The above comments suggest Michigan isn't a good sight-seeing place, so the $100 might be best.

July 26, 2006 2:05 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

My husband would second the comment on Michigan since he went there for the first time on a business trip a couple months ago.

However, $100 for tickets isn't really all that bad, especially for great seats and a band you obviously love! Go for it. Treat yourself!

July 26, 2006 3:41 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Trinity13 - The trip to Michigan - 6 hours? No way is that a treat for anyone! Spend that same money going somewhere he would like on your anniversary.

July 26, 2006 9:50 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Since I don't get much "alone" time with my hubby my vote would be for the Michigan deal. You both get to see your favorite bands AND you get a little alone time before the baby comes and you are wiped out!

Tell us what you decide!

July 26, 2006 11:22 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

6 hours in a car + 6 months pregnant = no fun! I'd avoid doing that if I were you.

If you have a chance, answer a question I posted here.

July 27, 2006 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Becky said...

If you're already committed to going to Michigan in the car for that long, I'd go to the concert there since you'll both enjoy the two groups. But, you're husband is really sweet for wanting to splurge on your third row seats:)

July 27, 2006 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I think we have def decided to go away for our anniversary. My hubby and I love little trips away, and this one will be our last one for a while since the baby is due in October. It's only a 4 hour drive, so we should be all good!

August 01, 2006 8:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home