Life is Grand!!!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Great Weekend

My family had a great weekend! On Friday I ended up taking my son to Chuck E. Cheese's for a little bit. I love it that all the games are only one token to play. I simply got $5 worth, but it lasted a quite a while! My son earned about 90 tickets from all the games he played, so he got to pick out some really cheap toys before we left.

We had a wonderful family day on Saturday! My hubby and son swam in the pool with papaw for a little bit in the morning. Then we went on a few relaxing errands to look for supplies for our beach trip in September.

My hubby was on praise team yesterday, so he was up early. But my son and I were able to sleep in and met him at church for second service. My hubby did an excellent job, as usual, and he was the best dressed one on stage!!!

Then last night he and his buddy went to a free concert while my son and I hung out at the house watching the boob-tube. It was a great, and relaxing, way to end the day!

What did you do over the weekend?

14
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I had a quiet weekend. My house got the cleanup of the year. Nothing too exciting.

July 31, 2006 11:11 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend. I got to sleep in, and then we did stuff around the house. Nothing exciting.

July 31, 2006 11:20 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly, that week-end sounds wonderful!

All I did was avoid the heat. (And buy that sewing machine.) LOL! I think you had better go nab that machine from your mom. Think of all the cute bibs and burp rags you could be making!!!

July 31, 2006 12:12 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You had a far more interesting weekend than I did; I was hiding from the heatwave!

July 31, 2006 1:27 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I love CEC, now that my kids are old enough to not need me following them around. It was hard trying to keep them in a herd and interested in the same thing the whole time. Now I just plop myself down and give them 1 or 2 tokens at a time, so they have to check in every 3 minutes or so, and I talk with my husband! Love it!

Glad you had a good weekend :-)

July 31, 2006 2:59 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds very relaxing! The heat just takes so much out of you! I should know, Dallas has been in triple digits for a while now!

July 31, 2006 4:53 PM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

I loved Chuckie Cheese when i was in my early teens. It was much different then. I was basically a huge arcade with all the latest arcade games. Of course this was in the early to mid 80s. Times sure change.

July 31, 2006 5:28 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Will you respect me less when I tell you that I didn't even get out of my PJs yesterday? :) Watched a few movies and continued to read Emma.

July 31, 2006 5:36 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds like you have a very nice weekend. My 3 yr old loves good old Chuck E too. Well, she loves the idea of him anyway, Plays the games wins the prizes, but when she sees the giant mouse coming her way, she latches on and screams. Its so much fun! LOL Have a great week!

July 31, 2006 5:41 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Hey girl! Glad you had a super weekend! Only 13 more weeks to go until your new addition hey! I salute you, being preggers in the heat of the summer. Went thru it with my daughter and was glad my son was born in April.

We went to Peggy's Cove this weekend, chilled, played in the pool and had lots of good family relax time. Funny how I don't ever tire of barbecued food, hey?

July 31, 2006 7:02 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Well I hadn't much fun last weekend. It was all chores, chores and chores. Glad you had great fun with your family.

July 31, 2006 7:42 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I was just busy with schoolwork this weekend for the most part. This week is my last week though, so next weekend should start a nice break for me!

July 31, 2006 10:26 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I went camping! I got no sleep, but I took a glorious nap the next day.

July 31, 2006 10:38 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

It was a fantastic weekend TC!

I love sleeping in Jana!

I think I should DW...now, where to put it! :-)

Good for you Capt!

I'll look forward to that time Jen!!

Oh, not cool MrsG!!! I'd never leave the house if it was that hot here.

I hear ya War, it's soooo much different now.

I respect you even more Becky...I love PJ days!!!

My son is the exact same way Lisa...he didn't want to get any where near that mouse!

Yup Shelley, I'm 2/3's over! Hard to believe.

Thanks FC.

Wonderful Guru!

I love camping Barbara...in hotel rooms!!! :-)

August 01, 2006 8:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home