Life is Grand!!!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Where Did The Weekend Go?

My family had a pretty good weekend. I got to watch my nieces and nephew overnight on Friday. The girls had a great time in my son's new bunkbed (which, praise God, was completely donated to us-including the mattresses!!). Even my little two year old nephew was climbing up the bed's ladder to get on top with his sisters! It was too cute...and so brave of him!!!

After breakfast with the grandparents and papaw on Saturday, I took a nap before heading to PJ's house to scrapbook. We didn't get much accomplished, but I had a wonderful time with her! It's so nice to get together with a great friend to talk and eat chocolate chip cookies...hmmmm!!!

Then, I met my mom, sis, and bro at a BBQ. With the outfit I was wearing, my mom said I looked 9 months prego...and everyone at the party agreed with her. What's up with that? Yet another person thinks I'm ready to pop. But I've come to accept that...and be proud of it. I love seeing my expanding prego belly, as does my hubby, so I'm happy that people are noticing my growing baby as well. I just hope that the growth sticks with my belly and doesn't end up anywhere else...like my chin or butt! :-)

10
Blogger Pete said...

Thanks again for watching them. Yes, our son has no fear when it comes to climbing things. At McDonalds, he will go anywhere and do everything that he sees someone else doing. At home, there is nothing that he won't climb on. Even at the store, if he can get a hand and foot on it, he will get up. I don't want to foster a fear of stuff into him, but I don't really want him to get hurt, either.

Where is the "man up" line in the sand on this one?

August 07, 2006 12:16 PM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

i wouldn't be surprised if someone thought i was nine weeks pregnant with the gut i'm carrying around

August 07, 2006 1:56 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I think YOU are brave! I wouldn't be able to look if my boy was on the top bunk. Mine would surely decide he was a paratrooper and jump!

August 07, 2006 2:06 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I remember when I was six months prego with my second son, everyone thought I was due any day! Drove me nuts!

August 07, 2006 2:40 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Mom's have a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, don't they? :)

August 07, 2006 3:34 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I think what happens is that people that are around pregos get too excited that there is a baby on the way, that even if they dont know you, they want you to pop now! Plus anyone who has ever been prego knows just how you feel during the dog days of summer! Have a great week!

August 07, 2006 5:39 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Aw, that's cute!

I get pregnant all over. By the time I delivered the twins I looked like a sick and bloated Elvis in his last days. Not pretty...

August 07, 2006 6:14 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Whoever said you looked like you were going to pop hasn't seen me yet....hehe... Thanks for dropping by! :-)

August 07, 2006 10:50 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I say bask in all the attention you are getting for your belly!

Hey! Football season is almost here girl! OSU is coming to Hawkeye country Sept. 30. Game on! LOL! Seriously, I am gearing up for another great season of college football. I love it!

August 08, 2006 1:31 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I wish my boy was as brave Guru!

Ha, very funny Bag!

I was def keeping a close watch on them OGO!!!

What's with that Jana???

Ahhh, but gotta love her Becky!

I hear ya Lisa...they are just ready to spoil a new little one!

I was prego all over with my first Jen...I'm really trying to keep my weight gain less than 20 pounds this time.

Awww, sorry Chrixean.

I'm trying DW!!! And, I too am looking forward to football season! Go Bucks!!!!

August 08, 2006 10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home