Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vacation

We had a fantastic time on Kiawah Island! For $100 a couple, we spent a week in a comfortable beach house that was a 10 minute walk to the ocean. It was so worth the 12 hour drive (that includes rest stops/lunch/gassing up) to get there from Columbus.

We made sure to get out to the beach at least every other day. My son loved jumping in the waves and playing in the sand. He and his daddy built a little sand castle that eventually was destroyed by high tide. We found a ton of shells (which still need cleaned-any tips?) and I even bagged up some sand to make a keepsake. We got some great pictures, which I should be posting some time this week, and we even have some pics from our late night walk on the beach (including one of some weird guy with his shirt off!!!).

We had a ton a great food, with a lot of leftovers. We all made a big grocery trip on Sunday and we were set for the week. Almost all of our meals were cooked at our little beach home. We made everything from waffles, to burgers, to mexican dip, to spaghetti. Our family ate out only twice during the week.

My hubby and I had a wonderful time together. We shared a full size bed (we have a king size here at our house), but it allowed for plenty of snuggle time! :-) We played cards on the back porch, shared a peach and mango smoothie, watched our son play in the sand, explored Savannah, Georgia (that's another post), bought some peach cider, walked around shops looking for souvenirs, and genuinely enjoyed being in each other's company. Again, it was wonderful!

Life is grand!

Btw, happy anniversary Guru and Lo!!! They are celebrating 8 years today!

12
Blogger loelsh said...

Thank you!

Glad you had a good time. We stopped in that Piggly Wiggly too!

Can't wait to see pics.

September 12, 2006 11:58 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The whole week sounds wonderful!

Sea shells should be soaked in bleach water.

September 12, 2006 1:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like a wonderful time. i think it was great that you were even able to put up a few pics while you were able, i could almost imagine i was there.

September 12, 2006 2:42 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You had a real bargain at a great price.

September 12, 2006 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Sounds wonderful! I can't wait to hear about Savannah!

September 12, 2006 4:47 PM

 
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I love the beach too! Sounds like a great time.

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

September 12, 2006 6:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - sounds like you had a great time.

Cleaning seashells

September 12, 2006 10:00 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

How fun! Sigh. I love the beach...miss it so. I'm glad you were able to do so much. God is good.

September 12, 2006 11:58 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Trinity! I am so glad you had a good time. Sounds like some good quality time with your hubby as well! That is great! I just came by to check how you have been since I have been offline for awhile. I changed my blog from howtheyremindme to onmymoon.blogspot.com now. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

September 13, 2006 3:13 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

I really needed that break. When the baby comes, you'll definitely have your hands full. Hope you can post pics of that wonderful trip.

Have a nice day!

September 13, 2006 8:11 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Sorry, I meant you really needed the break not me.

September 13, 2006 8:12 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I can almost imagine I was there.

Oh and guess what? I am celebrating my blogiversary today!

September 13, 2006 8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home