Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Good Times At Walmart

Okay, I went to Walmart yesterday evening to get a few last minute items. The store was very crowded and the lines were long. I had a dozen items, so I got into the self checkout line. Everything was going okay until a lady with her two kids gets in line behind me. I think her kids either have ADD or she doesn't know how to control them. Her son was into everything. He was in front of me looking at the candy and then he was next to me, constantly dumping into me. This made me keep a hand on my purse. I don't think an eight year old would rob me, but I didn't want to risk it.

The boy then proceeded to jump on the end of my cart and look through my groceries. He was doing all this without his mom saying a thing! I wanted to say something, but she let me leave my cart for a sec for me to get batteries. I couldn't yell at her since she did me a "favor".

If her son wasn't bad enough, her daughter was just rude! I stepped up to the self check station and started scanning my things. As I was getting something out of the cart, the girl starts scanning some lip gloss that she wanted. I was like damn girl!!!!

This is when the mom finally said something. She said, "Honey, please get away from the lady. You don't scan things when it's not your turn. When it's mommy's turn, you can scan." At this point I am more mad at the mom than I am at the disrespectful kids. She should have said something, anything, to them before I had to give her the look.

Lines are grand!

2
Blogger loelsh said...

OOOOOOOOOh, nooooo! I would have said something! That's right, me, who usually is totally against people disciplining other people's kids when their parents are around, would of had to say something about that. It would have been nice, of course, unless they didn't listen the first time, then I might have gotten a bit mean. Rotten little brats!

December 22, 2004 11:23 AM

 
Blogger G said...

There's no way I could have kept my cool in that situation. I'm pretty sure I would have said something to the lady, and I'm positive it wouldn't have been nice.

December 23, 2004 11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home