Life is Grand!!!

Monday, December 27, 2004

Losing Weight

As I mentioned on Guru's blog, my hubby and I have decided to lose weight together starting on January 2nd. I want to pig out on the first of Jan, so we are starting at the beginning of next week.

I started on a weight lose program the beginning of this year and I lost a total of 52 pounds. I lost most of it using the advice in Dr Phil's weight loss book. I was doing really well, until I started blogging. I used the time that I usually spent walking 3 miles to blog. That is when my weight plateaued. Then I went on a cruise and gained a few pounds. Right after the cruise, the holidays rolled around. So, now it is time to again begin to finish losing the last couple of pounds.

My hubby needs to lose around 80-100 pounds. I am not sure what he has decided upon. He is at risk for diabetes because he is over weight and it runs in the family. He mom had diabetes and his dad and grandpa both have it. He is going to lose the weight for health purposes.

If we do this together, it will be a lot easier for both of us to stick to it. I will keep this blog updated on our progress. If anyone would like to join us, that would be wonderful! We can see who loses the fastest and who loses the most. It would be fun! Leave a comment if you want to join the challenge.

7
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Drifter, are you willing to post your weight online for all to see? I am willing if you are. We need to see how much our weight is going down each week.

I think I also might post what I have eatten each day for accountiblity purposes. What do ya think?

December 27, 2004 1:12 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hey, thanks for the nice comments! I know he can do it if I keep him motivated.

December 27, 2004 1:21 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Yes, I was already planning on starting a weight loss regimin after the first of the year. (although I was thinking I'd start Jan 3rd since the 2nd is a Sunday,and weekends are a difficult time for me to start). Count me in. I don't know about posting my weight, though I will post my weight loss. Maybe after I'm down a bit, I'll post what I started at. I haven't weighed myself in quite a while, because I'm scared of what the scale will say. I know I've been gaining weight though, cause none of my clothes fit and I refuse to buy a bigger size! I wanted to start losing weight 8 months ago after I had Luke, I was already down about 15 lbs, but I know I've gained that all back. Time to get serious because I too fear the diabetes. Let's get guru convinced to do it too and my dad. We can do it as a team and keep each other motivated. That is what I need, encouragement. I cannot stick to it if I'm doing it alone. Lets go, lets go,(clap clap) weight loss lets go!

December 27, 2004 4:10 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hey Drift, it's cool with me if you only want to post your weight once a month. On the other hand, I will have a weekly post with my weight loss. If you would like to include your loss in a comment, be my guest. If I don't weigh in once a week, I tend to lose my motivation. While on Dr P's program, I lost 1-4 pounds a week, so I can't help but get the scale out to see my progress. But please Drifter, do what ever you need to do to help yourself out. If that means only posting your loss once a month, by all means go for it.

Lo, good idea on waiting till Monday, after the weekend. Sounds great to me. Btw, thanks for the cheer!

December 27, 2004 4:38 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Hey Trinity,

Drifter is right about the weigh in; it should not be too often. Too often will discourage more then encourage. But once a week, should be ok for most. I have diabetes and struggle with it daily. I take 4 to 5 shots a day. My husband has diabetes and heart disease. He is 47 and has had 2 heart attacks. Right now I am in a diabetes study with a new insulin it was approved April of this year. it has worked wonders for me. I have to write down everything that passes these lips of mine. We eat more then we think we do. Especially the carbs, and now they think the carbs leads to heart disease more then the fat and cholesterol does.

Diabetes is super hereditary, our youngest daughter feels doomed because we both have it. It is 99.99% given that she will develop it. She will be 22 in Feb and is over weight, I try to talk to her, but what 22 yr old listens about their health. Several to most of my ancestors had diabetes. My dad was just diagnosed this year. He has always been small and active. Weight is a lot like smoking, just because you are heavy doesn't mean you will get it, but your chances are 40 fold that you will. It is not fun.

Sorry for such a long post.

Can someone long distance join your weight loss team??

December 27, 2004 9:01 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Sure! The more, the merrier!

December 27, 2004 11:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock! 52 pounds and counting! You go girl.

Good idea starting on 1/2. Tell hubby to chase around your kid, he'll lose the weight in no time!

Thanks for your post on my blog. Sad part is, all the stories are true.

December 29, 2004 12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home