Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Birthday!!!

Today we are celebrating my son's fourth birthday!!! I can't believe how old he is! I remember how much my hubby and I wanted a child of our own. We tried for exactly 11 month before God blessed us with him.

I had a pretty easy pregnancy. I was nauseous most of the time, but only got sick on Sundays for some weird reason. I lost weight at the beginning since I was eating really healthy, but I gained quite a bit at the end of my pregnancy since I wasn't working by then.

My son was definitely comfortable right where he was. When he was a week late, the doctor gave me the option of a Csec or a long natural birth that would probably led to a Csec (since I'm shaped funny). So, I opted for the Csec...which I guess was an answer to prayer! I always prayed for a quick, easy, and painless birth, but I guess I should have been more specific!!

So, my doctor gave me a couple of dates to choose from for my Csec. I was really neat to pick out my son's birthday-March 1st!

So 10 days late and an epidural later, my son was born! I remember hearing him crying till my husband held him. As he talked, our son settled down immediately! He def knew the sound of his daddy's voice!

I feel so blessed to have my son in my life! He amazes me everyday with the new things that he has learned. So, happy fourth birthday sweetie!!! Your momma loves ya babydoll!!!



(Btw, thanks for all your great advice yesterday! I really appreciate it and I will be sure to remember it the next time I get a rude comment!)

12
Blogger loelsh said...

Happy birthday, big boy! I sent you an e-card! Make sure you check your email.
~Aunt Lo

March 01, 2006 11:02 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

Happy Birthday to your little boy! Enjoy these early ones because they're the best.

March 01, 2006 12:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your son. he's at such a wonderful age.

March 01, 2006 2:52 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy fourth to your son, Trin!

March 01, 2006 3:00 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Happy Birthday to the Big Boy!!!

March 01, 2006 5:33 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Incidentally, I was thinking. I have two nephews and one niece (your son being one of those, of course). How would one collectively refer to them? You know, we have the gender neutral children, grandchildren, parents, etc, but I always hear "nieces and nephews".

Is there a collective, gender neutral word for them?

March 01, 2006 5:35 PM

 
Blogger Ma said...

Happy Birthday, little man! Hope you have a great day and lots of fun presents!

March 01, 2006 6:57 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Happy Birthday to HIM!!!!!

March 01, 2006 7:45 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

March 01, 2006 10:44 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thank you for all your birthday wishes everyone! It was very sweet of you all!!!

Btw Guru, is there collective, gender neutral word for aunts and uncles?

March 02, 2006 11:51 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Nope. That whole relationship branch is just the red-headded stepchild of the family tree, I guess.

(No offense to your redheads!)

March 02, 2006 1:03 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

But, I have a nephew from Trin and a niece and a nephew from my brother. If I say my brother-in-law's kids and brother's kids, that is longer than nieces and nephews. And brats could mean my kids too (since I call them my brats, anyway).

It isn't that I'm vocally lazy and mind the extra syllables, I was just wondering linguistically.

March 02, 2006 4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home