Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day Off

Yesterday was a wonderful day off for me. I slept in till 9am since my hubby took care of the boy till he had to go to work. Then my son and I relaxed all morning in our pj's. We watched a movie or two and then eventually got ready for the day around 2pm. After our showers, I figured I had better do something constructive, so I did some laundry while my son played on the computer.

We did end up getting out of the house around 7...to get some ice cream! After we got home, my brother calls me up (this time it's about 8) and asks if we have eaten yet. Isn't he so cute...thinking we haven't eaten our dinner by 8 at night?! Just adorable, heehee!!! Anyway, he came over and I cooked him up some food.

Then I ended up watching another movie before going to bed. Sounds like a pretty busy day, huh?! HA! I loved having a day of rest...it was wonderful!

Life is grand!
(Man, I haven't used that phrase in a while!)

12
Blogger Shelley said...

Days off are excellent...glad you had a good one!!!

February 21, 2006 9:46 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Sounds like a good day. If I don't get a shower before noon, she probably isn't in the cards!

February 21, 2006 10:32 AM

 
Blogger Robin said...

whoa, took me a few minutes to figure out how to leave a comment...and I HAVE a blogger blog! I'm here from Michele's!

February 21, 2006 11:09 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

why is icecream better in cold weather? maybe b/c it dosn't melt and isn't sticky?

February 21, 2006 11:33 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

Sounds like an excellent day. Sometimes you just have to recharge the batteries.

February 21, 2006 2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice cream and a day in pj's what a great day.

February 21, 2006 3:16 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of movies to watch in one day! Good for you! I love movies, too, but lately there's never enough time for them.

February 21, 2006 8:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like a great day and a perfect reason to leave the house;)
what flavour tempted you?

February 21, 2006 8:57 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh I love relaxing days like that! Now that the kids are getting older I can sleep in for a wee bit longer!

February 21, 2006 9:01 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I have to tell you that some of my favorite days are those when I do absolutely nothing...and don't feel guilty about it.

February 21, 2006 11:00 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

We all could use a day such as this. Yes, life is indeed grand. I guess it's more a matter of how we view it that makes it sweeter than it really is :-)

February 22, 2006 12:41 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

He is so cute PJ!

Thanks Shelley and Texas!!!

Too bad Guru!

Funny Robin!!

I love ice cream any time of day, any season Bag...it's the best! If only they would come out with a cereal flavored ice cream!

So true Cube!

It was Day!!!

I wish I hard more time for movie watching as well Cinthia! Thanks for stoppin.

We tried Twist of Fate BSTS...it was chocolate ice cream with chocolate covered peanut butter cups and peanut butter-covered chocolate chips! Soo yummy, and even better than the Chocolate Pudding Pie flavor we just finished!!!

Good for you Leslie!

I here ya Becky!!! I wish I had more days like Monday.

So true Chrixean!

February 22, 2006 9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home