Life is Grand!!!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Par-tay!

Image hosting by Photobucket

We had a wonderful turnout for that party on Saturday. If I counted correctly, we had 27 people in our house! By 6:30 everyone had their bellies full with movie theatre concession treats (thanks again for helping out PJ)! Then we sang happy birthday to my boy before cutting the star cake (btw, have you ever cut a star shaped cake? Not easy!). While everyone was enjoying the dessert, my son opened his gifts. He got some wonderful things! He got a ton of outfits (which he really needed!), a gift card, a few books (including this cute one!) and puzzles, cars galore (including a Hot Wheels bank and chair), a few movies, Star Wars figures, a huge kite, Lego set, Leapster game, a drawing center, Color Wonder set, and a few other great things! The boy def had fun tearing through the tissue and wrapping paper!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Btw, of all his gifts, this one is my fav (my hubby and I thought it was perfect)! If you can't see the words on the shirt, click here.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then around 8 we put in a movie for the kids in the "movie theatre" (aka, the Cave-what the finished part of the basement is called). The night before my hubby was able to string lights down the stairs to go with the theme...I think he did a wonderful job! They look great!!! Most of the guest left around 9, then we put the boy to bed about an hour later. Then it was the adults turn to watch a movie. Seven of us headed down the the "theatre" and watched Walk the Line! I just love love love that movie!!!

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

I hope your weekend was as great as ours!!!

12
Blogger loelsh said...

It was a great party with lots of great food! I think that was a wonderful way to break your news! I am SO happy for you guys!!!!

BTW, my girls are really hoping for another girl cousin.

March 06, 2006 10:02 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Hey, congratulations!!

March 06, 2006 10:08 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Yes, congratulations. The kids really want a girl cousin, as right now they have 3 boy cousins and only 1 girl cousin.

Come on.... girl!

March 06, 2006 10:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! I love the stairway!!!

March 06, 2006 10:50 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

ok sneaky~ I just went back over all your posts the last 6 weeks thinking I know I read her everyday, and I didnt remember her telling the world she was preggers...I must be going nuts...
SO please tell me Im not going nuts and you didnt tell the world until now.
In any event, congrats! I always wanted to be pregnant and have a cool way of telling people...never happened.

March 06, 2006 1:02 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

So, yesterday was Sunday. Were you sick?

March 06, 2006 3:14 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

The lights are a great touch! You're so clever!

March 06, 2006 6:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great theme.

My daughter is 16 and we are going to have a tea party soon. Believe it or not I'm invited!

March 06, 2006 6:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like a wonderful time. your son is adorable!
your hubby did a great job on those lights, i would never have thought of doing that.

March 06, 2006 10:07 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Your son is adorable! Glad you had a good time and enjoyed Walk the Line. It was one of my faves this past year (and I had to get the DVD last Tuesday).

March 06, 2006 11:46 PM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

those stairs are pretty darn cool

March 07, 2006 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Awwww, thanks Lo!

Thanks PJ...and it was great seeing you at the party!

Thanks Jana and Texas!!!

I think this ones going to be another boy Guru...I have that feeling!

My hubby worked really hard on that stairway, so thanks DW, BoN, and OGO!

You'd better believe it Arm!

It's our first announcement Shannon! Heehee!!!

I was really dizzy Lo. And I felt really sick, but I ate mints all day and was fine. Thanks for asking!

I loved the theme Day!

Awwww, thanks BSTS...I think he's pretty cute myself!

Great movie Becky...one of my favs!

March 08, 2006 8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home