Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Blessing

Last night my hubby and I were able to join our cell group and a few other church members at a downtown soup kitchen. Our church group made like 5 pounds of spaghetti, and bought a ton of bread, lettuce, and cookies to feed around 80 homeless and less fortunate people (I was not expecting to see children there...but when 5 came in, it made me tear a little). I volunteered to serve a table a hungry men (most of us each had our own table that we were in charge of). I got their drinks as well as their plates of food (that my hubby helped put together) and then I got them seconds, or thirds with my table, of the yummy food!

It was a real blessing to me to be able to help out. I had never done anything like that before! It was just so wonderful to see their dirty faces light up as we brought out the hot food. The experience has made me feel that much more appreciative of the things and people I have in my life!

7
Blogger loelsh said...

Sounds like a great experience!

April 12, 2006 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Robin said...

How excellent!

April 12, 2006 2:02 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

That's something I would love to do.....with my kids! It would be a blessing to both sides of the serving line.

Good for you!

April 12, 2006 4:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never done anything like that, every so often i will say we should go and do that for christmas dinner instead of having a christmas dinner, but we never have. i bet you felt wonderful afterwards.

April 12, 2006 5:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it does put light on our own situations doesn't it.

April 12, 2006 5:35 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

This is when you feel what the saying is....It's better to give than to receive.
My T13 is up too.

April 13, 2006 3:59 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

It was a wonderful experience everyone! It's something you and your family should def try sometime!!! Thanks for stopping by!

April 14, 2006 8:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home