Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Care Group

My hubby and I went to our care group for the first time last night. It was def not what I was expecting! We had to be there at 6:30...which is not an easy task for us since my hubby doesn't even get off of work till 6 (and we had to eat beforehand). But after dropping off our son at his Papaw's, we were only 10 minutes late. Once we got to our group, we got to meet several nice couples and had about 20 minutes of small talk. Then we had about 35 minutes of Bible discussion while following a worksheet. And I've got to say, I'm really glad my hubby was there! He asked some good, discussion worthy questions. It made the group think and helped a few to get more involved with the group.

I thought the group would go till about 8:30-9pm, but we ended up leaving around 7:45. My hubby and I didn't know what to do with ourselves since we had a babysitter till 9:30 (I still don't understand why last nights get together was so short).

I'm not sure if I want to go back or find a new group. I was a little bored last night, but I guess it could be that way with any group we tried. I'm not even sure it was worth going to! It was nice meeting everyone, but maybe they weren't as outgoing since there were new people at their group...I don't know. But I think I'll give it one more week. Why not?!

7
Blogger G said...

Yes. I think we should go back, because it is impossible to get a good feel for a new group of people in 1 hour. It was a little boring at first, but I still enjoyed the time.

April 19, 2006 9:02 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Sounds like there was some good discussion. Plus, you can't knock "adult time." It's always good to get together with other grownups!

April 19, 2006 10:16 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Yeah, give them at least one more week. But, the adult time novelty can wear off if the people are are mad crazy boring. But, I'll bet that isn't the case if they get a chance.

whether the Bible discussion was any good, that is to be determined by the participant, I think.

April 19, 2006 11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kow the saying... three stricks your out. Give them another shot.

April 19, 2006 6:43 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Yes, I def want to give it one more week...maybe two. If it hasn't gotten any better, I want to seriously consider switching groups. There are a ton at the church to choose from, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your input everyone!

April 20, 2006 10:50 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

I think it is great that you guys are pursuing a group like this. Hopefully you will find your fit soon! Let us know how the next one goes.

April 20, 2006 11:45 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I hope so Leslie!

April 27, 2006 10:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home