Life is Grand!!!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sickness

Last Saturday my hubby and I went out together, which meant that my mom got to watch my son! She loves getting her grandson fix, and he, of course, loves getting spoiled by her! But my hubby and I ended up getting a call from Grammie around 7 saying that my son had just gotten sick twice. She thought that he possibly just had too much chocolate milk and she told us to just go ahead and have a nice evening out. Well when the hubby and I got back over to her house (about 9:30), we found out that the boy had thrown up water as well. Then he got sick again before we left her house.

So, for the first time in 26 years, I didn't go to an Easter service. We decided that it would be best to keep my sick son home since we think he caught my 24 hour flu bug. The boy ended up getting sick again that morning, so I'm glad we were at home. But, I decided to go ahead and still have our family gathering at our house. I had all the food and my house was clean, so I really didn't want to cancel. Plus, my son would be much more comfortable here than being sick someplace else.

After lunch, the boy laid himself down for a nap...so he really wasn't around much to expose people to his sickness. But, he is much better now! He has def gotten over the sickness and he is back to his normal, ornery self!

I hope you had a great, and healthy, Easter!!!

12
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that your son is doing better today!

Poor little guy!

April 17, 2006 9:37 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Thank God, he is better now. Don't be botheres about not being able to attend church service because taking care of the sick is another form of worship.

Btw, I was tagged so I chose to tag you too. Hope you have the time to do it. Thanks and God Bless you All.

April 17, 2006 10:14 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

well, I hope he feels better soon...he's got all that candy to eat

April 17, 2006 10:32 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Awe, I'm glad he is feeling better today! It's never fun taking care of puking kids!

April 17, 2006 10:42 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

poor thing. Hope today is better.

April 17, 2006 10:49 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

Glad to hear your little boy is feeling better. Sick kids are sooo stressful.

April 17, 2006 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

That's good that you got to go out, stinks that the boy got sick.

I'm glad that he is feeling better now, though.

April 17, 2006 6:07 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

There's nothing worse than a sick child that you can't miraculously cure. But, I'm glad to hear that you kept him home and from getting others sick. I have to admit that I get somewhat annoyed at my friends when they bring sick kids around me b/c I catch everything, no matter what their ages are!

April 17, 2006 8:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, the poor little guy, sick at easter. glad he made a quick recovery.

April 17, 2006 9:20 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Awww! the poor guy. Imagine being sick of all days at Easter day. anyway, hope he's okay. Maybe he just ate something or maybe a slight indigestion.

April 18, 2006 8:27 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Poor little guy! I'm glad you were able to keep him home, I'm sure the nap helped. I know I love a good nap!

April 18, 2006 11:48 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Awww, thanks Day.

Yes, I sure He does PJ! :-)

He def needed tended to Viamarie...poor kid!

Heehee, so true Shannon!

Esp when prego Lo!!!

He is much better today, thanks Leslie.

Love chocolate milk Dirk!!! Even after seeing someone puke it up!

Thanks Cube, BSTS, and Guru!

I hate having him sick Becky...just give the sickness to me instead!

It was just a 24 flu bug FC.

Oh yes, the nap def helped him Jen!

April 19, 2006 9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home