Life is Grand!!!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Short Day

I've got a nice, short day with the boys today. Their mom is getting off at 4, as well as my hubby, so I'll be able to get a head start on cleaning. I need to mop or vacuum all the floors, clean the bathrooms, and pick up a little of the kitchen. My hubby and I are hoping to finish all the cleaning by tonight so we can relax the rest of the weekend! Although, Easter Sunday won't be very restful for me. We are expecting 14 people over here for lunch, so I have a lot of baking to do after church. I've got to make a green bean casserole, au gratin potatoes, deviled eggs, and sweet potatoes before we eat at 1pm.

Btw Texas, yes, I am piercing my mom's ears by myself (she has given me 4 of my 6 piercings, so it's only fair!). She has a special piercing gun that she uses when her customers (at her beauty salon) want new ear, and sometimes belly-button, piercings. It looks kind of like this:

Image hosting by Photobucket

We will be taking a black pen and marking where she wants her new holes. Then we slide the special piercing earring into the gun. And then I will aim...and shoot (x 2)!!! I can't wait!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

11
Anonymous Anonymous said...

14 people? I haven't cooked for a big crowd in a long time. My mom likes to do that, so we will be going to her house.

April 14, 2006 8:47 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Eek! I could never pierce someone else's ears! I'd probably flinch and they'd end up with an earring in their eye, LOL!

April 14, 2006 9:57 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you dont have time to breath! I had 9 people here this past weekend. We used to enjoy having everyone together at least once a year. That sometimes meant 15 to 18 people. But lately it's been some one weekend some another. It is still stressful. Good luck!

April 14, 2006 11:01 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Relax for the rest of the weekend?!? It sounds like most of it will be busy busy busy!

I hope you have time to enjoy it!

April 14, 2006 3:35 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Happy Easter...and happy cooking and er...shooting! LOL.

April 14, 2006 3:44 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Ouch! That hurts. Can't remember how mine felt.

Have a nice weekend!

April 14, 2006 8:12 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Yikes!!! That seems to be painful. I had mine pierced when I was 35 years old and mind you with local anesthesia applied to it.

April 15, 2006 2:34 AM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Oh my goodness.... ear piercing alone can be really painful.. I had mine when I was a Senior in HS already. i cant imagine getting pierced elsewhere...and to administer it to someone else might make me faint on the spot. Enjoy your weekend!

April 15, 2006 2:41 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Ooh, how fun! Where do you get a piercing gun? Can anyone buy one?

April 15, 2006 2:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful Easter!

April 16, 2006 1:20 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I love hosting parties Day!

Very funny Jana!

Thanks for stopping Jill!!!

I was very busy OGO!

Thanks MC, Viamarie, and Barbara...and you too!!

My first pair hurt FC, but the other 2 pairs didn't...thank the Lord!

My sis thought about getting her nose pierced Chrixean...thankfully I talked her out of it!

I'm sure anyone can get one Jen. I think my mom got one at a beauty supply shop.

April 19, 2006 9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home