Life is Grand!!!

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ouch!

Last night I had my first, and hopefully last, pregnancy fall. I didn't take even one tumble with my first, but maybe it's different with the second one. Anyway, I was out walking last night when I caught my foot on the pavement as I was getting off a grassy area. Thankfully, just my right side hit the pavement. I scratched up my elbow and knee, but my shoulder is killing me today. My right side also hurts a little, but I'm just glad I didn't go down baby first.

But any worries I had about the baby were put to rest today since this morning I had a doctor's appointment. She said falls were typical at this stage in pregnancy, but I immediately felt at ease when she found the baby's heartbeat...and he is just fine!

However, she was concerned that I wasn't gaining any weight. I'm still only up 8 pounds, so she actually told me she wants to see a weight gain the next time I'm in to see her. (I have never in my life been told to gain weight!) I was also told to eat more protein with my carbs. The nurse said that my glucose test came back with low blood sugar results. That could cause the baby to come too early, so both the nurse and the doctor just want me to eat more...I'll have to mark this down-I don't think I'll ever be told again to eat more and to gain weight!

Have a great weekend everyone!

13
Blogger Oh great One said...

EAT EAT EAT! Take care of yourself girly!

August 18, 2006 9:40 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You better take care of yourself. Maybe if you need to walk, just walk around the house as many times as you can. I think it's safer and of course EAT! EAT! EAT!
Follow the doctor. Baby coming out early is no joke. Speaking from experience with my grandson.

August 18, 2006 10:14 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Pregnancy is the only time(s) in your life that you are able to eat whatever you want. Don't be too concerned about not gaining weight. Take advantage of being able to eat now and worry about losing weight after he's born. It should come off pretty easily with breastfeeding.

August 18, 2006 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Take care,Dear! Oh what I could think of to eat, yum!

August 18, 2006 10:53 AM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

So glad you're okay! I've lurched forward a few times and been sore but thankfully haven't fallen...yet. Don't you feel so off-kilter?? I do!

Funny that you're told to eat and the nurse kinda eyeballed me for eating too much! I didn't eat much with my first baby but maybe I eat more now cuz she snacks all day.

Try drinking whole milk, if you like milk. It will give you good fat and great for baby's development. Throw in a dozen or so cookies, you'll be good to go!

August 18, 2006 10:56 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Holy crap that seems like it was a bit scary.

Any invitation to eat is a good one!

August 18, 2006 11:47 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Eat Mama Eat, for the baby. Glad the fall wasn't more serious. I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

August 18, 2006 9:12 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry about the fall, that sounds scary.

Well I guess the advice is eat and gain weight. Enjoy it isn't often in this life we get told to eat more and gain weight.

August 19, 2006 6:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eating was the best part as I can remember... that is once I got over morning sickness.

August 19, 2006 10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think second time moms tend to not take care of themselves as much, a little one seems to leave less time for you.
be careful on your feet, i had three premmies, not due to falls mind you, but still, you do not want a premmie if you can avoid it.

August 20, 2006 6:52 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Ouch. Maybe we do get a little care-free during the second pregnancy. I know I've come close to a good tumble this time around!

As far as gaining weight...enjoy that while you can!!! (If you aren't suffering from heartburn!)

August 21, 2006 9:35 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Yeah, sounds like you need some more chocolate to take care of that! I'm glad you and the baby weren't hurt:)

August 22, 2006 1:08 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Believe me when I say that I def eat! Sometimes it seems like I eat all the time! I just walk it off at night I guess. I have been trying to get out of the house for a little bit each night to stretch my legs.

Btw Jennboree, there is no way I could drink whole milk! I'm a skim milk drinker, so the whole stuff would taste waaaaay to thick. :-)

August 23, 2006 11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home