Life is Grand!!!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Surprise

Last week I had a great time surprising my hubby! On Wednesday I happened to win an ebay auction for a Browns pre-season game. I got two tickets for $1.04!!! I couldn't believe it! I paid a lot more for shipping, of course, to get them here in time for game night last Friday. I decided to keep this a secret from my hubby, so I talked to a buddy of his into taking him...the friend was more than willing!! So for two days I had to keep this to myself. It was def not easy since I was so exciting about it! I told my honey to get off early on Friday since I had something planned for him. I packed them up a dinner, got directions, received the tickets in time, packed a poncho, got the digital camera ready, bought two cheap shirts (one brown, one orange-since the seats were in the Dawg Pound), found my hubby's stadium chair, and saved some money for the downtown parking...all to make sure the guys were well taken care of.

As you can read here, the guys had a great time! They had quite an eventful drive to the stadium, and then a long walk from the parking garage to the stadium. But, at least it stopped raining for the game. My honey came home a very happy man (at 2am) who had no clue that I would surprise him with NFL tickets to a game almost 3 hours away! It was so much fun for me!

How was your weekend?

9
Blogger Oh great One said...

What a terrific surprise! What a good wife you are! I hadn't thought of looking for that sort of thing on Ebay. I'm still a newby at it! Great idea!

My weekend was lovely thank you for asking!

August 21, 2006 9:25 AM

 
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I hoped that uhura might do the same for me, now that I am retired and more able to attend matches.

I got nothing though.

I guess i'll have to attend that Klingon cage match on my own.

August 21, 2006 10:17 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That is so cool! What a great find.

August 21, 2006 11:11 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I actually had two co-workers bet lunch on the outcome of that game. How much more fun would they have had if they could have gone to the game to see the outcome decided.

At $.52, it would have been no problem!

August 21, 2006 1:32 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

What a great surprise! If my hubby were a sports fan, he'd love something like that.

August 21, 2006 1:58 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

That's a great surprise for your hubby, and I'm sure he really appreciated it. Sigh...the days of being in a couple:)

August 21, 2006 3:46 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

That was so sweet of you! He's got to think you are the coolest wife EVER!

August 21, 2006 9:39 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Ooooh..surprises are so much fun! Good for you.

August 22, 2006 12:28 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'm so glad the guys had such a great time!!!

August 23, 2006 11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home