Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Baby News

I can def tell that I don't have much time left with this pregnancy. I've gotten a little hormonal recently...and I only cried like 6 times over the weekend! This is sooo unusual for me. First off, I don't cry easily. Second off, when I do, it's never for more than a minute. But this past weekend, I totally lost control over my emotions and found myself having a good, hard cry for most of Sunday. I was a mess!

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Since I have about 4 weeks left, she has started the nasty up close and personal exams...if you know what I mean. We talked about my thoughts on how I wanted to deliver the baby this time around. She gave me the option of having a vbac (which I would have to sign a release for), but she said that she wouldn't recommend it. Because my pelvic bone is twisted down and my cervix is very high and small, the chances of me having a non c-sec delivery are very minimal. I would be one of those women who would go through 24-36 hours of labor just to be told that the baby wasn't coming down and that I would need an emergency c-sec. So, with my first one and now with this little one, I decided to just skip the labor. My doctor just wanted to let me know that she doesn't take the scheduled c-sec lightly. I'm still the only patient of hers that has had a scheduled c-sec because of the way my body is shaped.

So, I've now got the new little one's birth date. I originally wanted him to be born on 10-20, but my doctor will be on vacation all that week. So, I'm scheduled in for her first day back...Monday, October 23rd. I have to be at the hospital at 2:30pm and then I will be preped for about 2 hours. The operation is to be at 4:30 that afternoon (with the baby appearing around 5), but I'm not supposed to eat anything after 5am that day!!! Believe me, I'll be getting up at 4am to eat something!

11
Blogger loelsh said...

I don't blame you for getting up at 4 to eat! I think I would too!

I'm still hoping that your water will break or something on the 14th, so she'll have to come in and deliver it that day. :)

September 26, 2006 9:31 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

That certainly is handy... to know the birthday of the baby so far in advance. It will help G plan his time off and all that jazz. It sure beats my preparation which was always like, "Boss, any day now I'm going to be off for two weeks...."

September 26, 2006 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

I cant believe that your so close to the due date! And might I say, you look great! ;)

September 26, 2006 10:00 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Just under a month! We'll be waiting here, Trin!

September 26, 2006 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I was one of those women. I was in labor for 47 hours (with 4 hours of pushing) before they decided to take my first by C-section. My second was scheduled. It was a whole new world scheduling it. Kinda surreal.

We didn't get to pick the date either, the doctor scheduled it. As it turns out my son who was named after his Great grandfather was also born on his Great grandfathers birthday! How cool was that?

It's getting close! How exciting!

September 26, 2006 4:29 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

It is better to know ahead of time if you can. You can plan and get excited for your baby's birth and you don't have to endure endless hours of labour

September 26, 2006 4:51 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Skipping labor - isn't that cheating? LOL!

I've been to the science museum in Columbus - is that the one you meant? COSI? It's the best science museum I've ever seen, hands down. I would definitely own a membership if I lived there.

September 27, 2006 8:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like it was just yesreday you were letting us all know you were expecting!!


My neighbor is going in this friday to have her baby boy.

Blessing for both of you on doing a c-section.

September 27, 2006 10:51 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

Wow, where does the time go? I can't believe your due date is so close.

My first delivery was a scheduled c-section because it would've been a breech birth, which isn't done.

My second was a v-bac and there were no complications & recovery was also easier.

This was 16 & 12 years ago. I understand the doctors are more reluctant to do v-bacs now. In any case, a scheduled c-sec is always better than an emergency one.

Wishing you a smooth time of it. Just remember that pretty soon you'll meet your new child and
that's a wonderful thing.

September 27, 2006 12:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all of mine were early and natural. you're almost there, make plans for that big breakfast!!!

September 27, 2006 2:27 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

I too am having a second c-section, scheduled. ON MONDAY! Ack!!!

We're really excited and after lots of research as well as lengthy discussions with my doc, we opted for the scheduled c-section and I'm glad.

It is so much better for you and baby to not have an emergency c-section after many hours of labor, especially when it is anticipated you'll need one anyway.

September 27, 2006 6:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home