Life is Grand!!!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Great Weekend

We had such a busy weekend! My hubby and I had over our nieces and nephew Friday night into Saturday morning. They were a great help when we had to pass our notices around the complex. The girls loved running around to all the different addresses and putting the letters into doors.

Early that day I maybe, might have, possibly gone to a motorcycle dealership to sign papers on a new motorcycle for my hubby (tomorrow I'll blog about the reasons why I did this for him). So that evening I was a little stressed out that we wouldn't have the bike that night to surprise the hubby with it on Saturday morning. You see, that dealership had to have the factory build the bike since they didn't have one within three states. Once it was built, it had to be transported to the dealership before they could get it to me. At one point Friday night they called to say that it wasn't going to be possible...but about an hour later, they called again saying that the bike had finally arrived and it was ready to be picked up! My dad headed over and rode the bike back to his house.

On Saturday, my hubby had planned to borrow my dad's motorcycle to ride for a few hours that day. So when he opened the garage door, at 8:30am, to get the bike, he saw birthday balloons, 10 of his family members, and his brand new motorcycle instead of my dad's bike!!! He also got a new helmet from my parents. We got a few pictures before my hubby sped away on his new toy (I didn't see him again till almost 7 that night...he even skipped the OSU game to continue riding)!

Sunday was spent with family as we had a celebration lunch before heading to a local bowling alley for my hubby's 30th bday party. We had some delicious cake and my hubby received some fantastic gifts that day! Then after the party, my hubby was off again on the motorcycle. Hmmm, I wonder if he likes really likes his new bike?? :-)

How did your weekend go?

7
Blogger Oh great One said...

I would have to say I think he likes it!

What a lovely surprise!

September 18, 2006 1:09 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What sort of bike did you get him? Look forward to seeing pictures.

September 18, 2006 1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, what a perfect surprise for him! yeah, i wonder, do you think he likes it;)

September 18, 2006 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Can't wait to see some pictures! I bet he has a big grin on his face!

September 18, 2006 4:12 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My weekend pales in comparison to your hubby's. I'm glad he likes his new bike.

September 18, 2006 9:07 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Holy Cow!! What a fantastic surprise!

Happy Birthday!

September 18, 2006 11:44 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Yes everyone, my hubby def loves his new bike (the Vulcan 750)...I'm very glad I got one for him!

September 26, 2006 10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home