Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Crazy Prego Lady

Thirteen things that are driving Trinity13 nuts.


1. Being hormonal-I've been really good the past 8 months, but with a month to go, I'm now a crazy person.
2. The boys-My son and the oldest red head wouldn't stop fighting yesterday. They were have a blast doing so...but continuing to tackle each other, after I told them repeatedly to stop, was making me insane.
3. The planner in me-I'm already starting to plan out the hospital trip and all that it will entail. On the other hand, my hubby thought that we would just do it the same way we did four years again when my son was born. But things are def different now with this one being our second born. I've now know what I would like to do differently, and I need to make sure that our first born is well taken care of.
4. Not being ready-Why can't this little one stay in me till he's at least 4? I'm not ready for him to be here yet...but I went through this with my son as well. I wasn't ready for him to come out-he should have baked a little longer! :-)
5. Hospital visitors-I don't want to offend any family members, but I don't think that my hubby and I want any visitors (besides our son) the first day in the hospital. With the little one arriving around 5pm, we want some alone time before anyone comes over. Visiting hours are over at 8, so there really isn't time to have a ton of family seeing the baby for about less than an hour that day. But again, I don't want to insult anyone by telling them to wait till the day after to see the new baby.
6. My mom in the delivery room-My hubby still doesn't want to share the operation room with anyone. This is really starting to upset me...I just don't understand what the problem is!!!
7. Making it to my operation date-I don't want to start into labor any time the week before my operation date since my doctor will be on vacation. Hey, I paid a lot of money for her to deliver my son! :-) Plus, I have a manicure, pedicure, and a hair appointment scheduled a few hours before my operation time, so I need to make it to the 23rd!
8. Freaking out-I'm so not ready to have another one! I'm just not ready!!!
9. Freaking out-Why can't the baby already be here?! Why do I have to wait another 4 weeks to see him?!
10. Being ungrateful-I love it that I'm having another little boy, but I'm also upset that I'm not having a girl this time. I know I'm being selfish, but I would be done if I was having a girl. It just stresses me out thinking that I could have up to 3-4 children. I want to be the best possible mother to them, but the more children I have, the less time and energy I'll be able to give each one, right?!
11. My sis-She keeps assuming that she'll get to see the new little one on his birthday and that she'll be with us in the operating room with the birth of our third child...both of which will prob not happen. I love her, but it's just not right for her to start planning on both!
12. Crying-I hate it that I'm so near crying...ALL THE TIME!!! I'm usually so good at keeping my tears in, but not right now! It's just driving me nuts that I can't control my emotions anymore.
13. My hubby-I love him to death, but he just doesn't seem to be able to handle me right now. I've gone into countdown mode and he can't take it. I admit that I'm a completely different person now that I'm in my ninth month, and this has caught him waaaaay off guard. But he should have been expecting a little of this, right? Oh well.

Other 13ers




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



13
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

it's your choice who y'all want in there, so i dont think anyone should be offended.

September 28, 2006 9:04 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I am a planner too. It drives Prince Charming crazy. Don't worry sweetie, it will all come together. If you are like me you never feel absolutely ready.

September 28, 2006 9:49 AM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

I think I've felt just about every emotion you've described!

Believe me, by the time your surgery date arrives, you'll be ready! I tried to act very pitiful yesterday at my checkup, hoping doc would go ahead and deliver her. No such luck :)

As for family, they'll get over it. You need time to bond with baby once you're in recovery. That will take awhile (remember the post-surgery shakes you get?). You certainly don't need pressure to entertain everyone with your room full of people cooing and handling your newborn only to be shown the door an hour later!

Does your hospital allow peeks in to the nursery? Ours doesn't, but if yours does, then perhaps family can view him that way while you are getting finished up in the OR?

September 28, 2006 11:11 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I'm with you on the planning thing. Just do what you can.

September 28, 2006 11:38 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

We don't have a problem waiting to see him.

Let us know if we can help in any way with the big brother!

September 28, 2006 1:56 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I hardly think you want to wait until the baby is four before he comes out!

You need to sort out no 6. before the day.

September 28, 2006 2:09 PM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

your kinda freakin' out...
just breath.
you can do this. If and when you have more kids, your time and energy are not to question, your love for them is. And as for your delivery room delema? I think you kinda have to put your foot down on this one, sorry Hub.

September 28, 2006 2:36 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

I've so been there and done that with these feelings and emotions. I have four boys. I don't think I could say that I don't have time for them because I have four...nor could I say that one gets more attention than another...it kind of all comes out in the wash.

I agree with others here that you need to put your foot down about who is going to be there. If your hubby doesn't want your Mom there...and you're saying no visitors until the next day....then you should abide by that. It will be a beautiful experience for you to share with your husband, I'm sure.

Hang in there..it'll all be fine.

September 28, 2006 7:20 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

I agree. I went through all 13 of those things I think when I was expecting! Its all natural, but stressing none the less! You just do what you have to do, and if that means over riding your hubby and hurting your sisters and the rest of the fams feelings, then so be it! They will survive! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

September 29, 2006 3:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am trying not to laugh here, but oh does this post bring back memories!!! Even though it doesn't look like it will, everything will fall into place.

Take your mind off of it for tomorrow nights game. I def will be thinking of you when our teams play against each other! Good luck (I don't know if I mean that, but I don't want to tick off a preggers woman either!)

September 29, 2006 5:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am surprised we even got 17 points. Bah...

October 01, 2006 10:40 AM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

You know what? You're preggers! You're entitled to go bonkers! If you want someone other than your hubby in the delivery room, it's your prerogative! (Sing it Bobby!) Good luck to you girlfriend!

October 01, 2006 4:51 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

It seems like only yesterday that you were announcing your pregnancy. Time flies when it's someone else's hormones:) I can't say that I blame you and I think most women are a bit crazed at the end.

October 03, 2006 5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home