Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Annoying

Do you know how annoying it is to not have your child's full name picked out yet?! He will be here on Monday, yet my hubby and I still don't have a middle name for him.

We had one a few months ago. We both loved it and it was even a family name on my hubby's side. But, when we told his dad what it was, instead of making the family connection, he talked about the President (and even did a little impression). I def don't want people thinking we named our son's middle name after a president, so the name had to go!

We had another name picked out, also from my hubby's side of the family, but he really doesn't care much for it now. I still love it, but I want us to be able to agree on a middle name.

Now we are stuck. Because my hubby and I are planners, it's weird not to have our son named yet. We love biblical names, but the baby's first name is from the Bible. I like switching it up a little when it comes to the middle name, but I have no clue where to even begin to try to find name ideas.

So, we need some help...what do you think? Any suggestions?

14
Blogger Oh great One said...

I have a hard time choosing without knowing the first name. To me they gotta flow.....The ones you have listed are all nice solid manly names though.

October 18, 2006 1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the name Jonathan. It is my husband's name and my son's middle name. It also means gift of the Lord. Love the meaning and the name. It's such a classic.

ps. After we brought our youngest son home fromt he hospital we changed his name....I know horrible! So at least your not there yet!

October 18, 2006 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What the middle name ought to be really depends on what the first and last are. The three said together ought to roll naturally.

October 18, 2006 1:37 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Well, if we ever had another boy, we are going with Ryan Andrew, since that was the other name we were thinking about with our boy. (Just in case you choose one of those you'll know we aren't copycatting).

Of course if you ask guru, he'll say it doesn't matter cause we aren't having anymore anyways!

October 18, 2006 4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Oh great one. I can't say what sounds good without hearing them together.

October 18, 2006 10:51 PM

 
Blogger G said...

We'll know it when we hear it, but I hate the fact that we are changing our minds cuz of my Dad's lack of thinking... to put it nicely.

I was really happy with our first choice.

Oh Well!

October 18, 2006 11:30 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

I agree. Very hard to pick the middle without knowing the first!

It is just hard to pick a child's name anyway. And everyone has an opinion on any name you pick! Doubt your little one would even be referenced to the Prez though, since he'd go by first name...right?

October 19, 2006 9:41 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I made the same association as your FIL with the original middle name. Many people might as well, he being the most famous person with that name.

That being said, he is your kid and you get naming rights, our opinions don't matter.

*That* being said, I voted Ryan... PICK MINE, PICK MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2006 9:45 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

How about Neo or Morpheus?

October 19, 2006 10:26 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Neo or Morpheus, I love it!

Can you use a last name from your families as a middle name? My sister did that with her youngest, and it was really neat!

Wow, Monday, that's so great! Congratulations!

October 19, 2006 12:14 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Guru, if we have an "accident" someday, do you really want to share the name, cause, I don't care, we're using that name on a boy.

As for Andrew, you may not want to use that one trin, cause my friend A, who is delivering in the same hospital as you, possibly on the same day as you, already picked out the same first name as this little one, is using Andrew as her baby's middle name. Just sayin'.

October 19, 2006 1:01 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

I still vote for the original middle name, or Keeton.

October 19, 2006 1:02 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

With my first one, I stressed over the middle name. My sister gave me the idea of giving him my MIL's maiden name as a middle name. I kept the tradition with each boy. Nate has my mom's maiden name, and Jack has my maiden name. Is there a last name that in either family that would work?

Out of your names, I love Edward and Johnathon. But I am more a traditional type of name person...

October 19, 2006 3:35 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for all the great suggestions and advice everyone!!! It's all much appreciated!

I love the name Keeton (since it's another family name), but my hubby doesn't like it as much as he does a few others.

And I knew I liked Ryan and Andrew for a good reason Lo!! :-) But we won't use either one just in case!!!

Btw, how does Tiberius sound Bag of Nothing?! :-)

October 20, 2006 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home