Life is Grand!!!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Freak Out Time

Sorry that most of my posts recently have been about the coming baby, but it's all that's on my mind. I just can't get his up and coming birth out of my head. It's going to be another life changing event...and I'm starting to freak out just a little. I just have a ton of questions that keep going through my mind.

-Will I be able to handle another one?
-Will my four year old be able to cope with having a little sibling?
-Is two weeks really enough time to be off from watching the red heads?
-Will I be okay when my husband goes back to work?
-What will the baby's middle name be???
-How do I keep the cat out of the bassinet?
-What can I do know to keep from having postpartum depression?
-Do I really want my son with us every day (and all day) while we are in the hospital?
-Should I ask to have a mirror up so I can see my c-sec. being performed?
-Will I be able to handle not being pregnant after next Monday (cause I honestly adore being prego!)?
-Will I recover as fast after this operation?
-How will I be able to go without eating all day next Monday (I'm allowed no food after 5am)?
-We just finished paying off the doctor's $1000 deductible, but how we be able to pay of the hospital's $1000 deductible?
-Will my hubby be okay in the operating room (he doesn't do well with blood or me being in pain)?
-Will my siblings respect our wishes and not visit us till the day after the baby is born?
-Why does my hubby want two more children after this one?
-What if the next one isn't a girl? Will I be able to handle it?
-Do I really want to go back to work for the autistic boy when my little one is old enough to not be around his mommy as much?
-How am I going to finish my Christmas shopping with a new little one?
-Why have I been eating so much recently?
-Will this next week drag on or fly by?

15
Blogger Oh great One said...

I know your head is swirling with questions right now. If you are like me the same thing happened when you were pregnant with the first, and look how well you've done. Sure it will be an adjustment but from what I've read you are up for the challenge. Relax and enjoy your last days of pregnancy.

Several things on your list were out of your control. You have to let them go. If it's out of your hands then there is nothing you can do.

October 16, 2006 10:15 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

-Of course, you'll do fine! You're used to dealing with a lot of kids.
-He'll get used to it.
-I don't know, especiall after a C.
-You will find a routine.
-I thought you already decided on the middle name. I liked it!
-Uh...dunno
-I don't think there is anything you can really do to prevent it. But it is possible you won't really suffer from it.
-I would say probably not
-If you're feeling brave.
-I liked being prego too, except when I couldn't turn over in bed anymore.
-I'm sure you'll recover quickly!
-I don't know, that sucks! I don't know if I could even do that and I'm not pregnant!
-SHOO!
-As long as he stays behind the curtain again :)
-??
-Cause he's not the one delivering them...or taking care of them all day!
-You can always borrow my girlies!
-If he is not as violent, it is good money!
-What? You're the shopping queen, you'll find a way.
-The baby is growing!
-Probably both in a way!

October 16, 2006 10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, i've got three, it will all work out, so stop worrying. your husband will be great, your family will be there (or not) when you need them and everyone here will be around to read whatever you need to write about (or even take a break from writing) just to let you know we all feel your pain and your happiness.

October 16, 2006 10:58 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I know it doesn't seem this way, but everything will fall into place perfectly.

Of course, I have to stick in my two-cents worth. Enjoy your time at the hospital with the baby. Honestly, with the last baby, the two older ones did not come and see me at all. They did not seem to suffer from it and I think our reunion at home was sweeter because of it.

October 16, 2006 12:50 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

YES, you will be able to handle another one! I do and it has been remarkably wonderful and way easier than caring for an infant as a first time mom.

YES, your four year old will cope. Just help him be involved and love on him as much as possible. I had our new baby "give" Bella a gift in the hospital. It worked wonders!

Not sure you'll be ready in two weeks to care for other kids. Can you leave that option open?

YES, you'll be okay when hub goes back to work. You'll slip into a routine quickly.

Not sure about your baby's middle name :)

Our cats have ignored the bassinet. They are just annoyed we brought another human being into the house :)

To help with depression, DO NOT take on more than you can handle. Any help offered, TAKE IT.

I think it'd be harder on your son to be with you in the hospital every day. My husband would take Bella home during the day to keep some sort of routine while also having the security of Daddy there during the obvious absense of Mommy.

Wouldn't do the mirror. That's just me.

You'll be too busy to remember being pregnant :)

You should recover fine. I did! Suprisingly so. Remember, nerves have already been deadened from your first c-section.

I went nearly 24 hours without eating because my surgery kept getting pushed for emergency c-sections and I survived :)

The bills work themselves out. It just does. Do not stress.

My husband got brave enough to look over the sheet and see baby Ava pulled out! I was amazed and he said it was the most incredible experience. It was so much calmer for both of us this time during surgery.

Hardly any family listened to our wishes about not visiting, but it was okay because I was drugged and thrilled to have our tiny one here :)

Hubby may not want more after this one. You've got PLENTY of time for that decision! Should you have another a looooong time from now, you will love that child as intensely as your 4 yr old and new baby.

Can't answer on going to work for the autistic boy.

Online Christmas shopping! Or just take wee one. They sleep constantly, remember?

You're eating cuz you're excited and apprehensive. The time will FLY by. And you will be so glad it did :)

October 16, 2006 1:39 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I have that song in my head now...

Awwwwwww..... FREAK OUT!!!!

I'm sure that you (and your family) will do just fine. Change can always cause some doubts, but I think you know from experience that everything will end up all right!

October 16, 2006 1:59 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Whew! That's a lot of questions! Don't worry; in a few days, it will be all over, and you'll hacve a new baby with you.

October 16, 2006 3:04 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I cannot imagine what that anxiety and excitement is like, all rolled in to one. I'm sure you'll be fine:)

October 16, 2006 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I understand the panic of realizing that the baby will soon be here and wondering all of these things. ((HUGS)) don't worry it will be fine. In the meantime, feel free to pour all your worries out to use in the blogosphere. We are always here to lend a listening ear.

October 16, 2006 3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep you sound just like a woman close to delivery.

October 16, 2006 9:04 PM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

watch out! its baby time!

October 17, 2006 1:41 PM

 
Blogger cube said...

I think we all have these fears at consequential moments of our lives. Things will work out. Have faith.

October 17, 2006 2:21 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

I knew there was a reason why you've been on my heart lately! I've been praying for you!

Don't worry, everything will fall into place. I had MANY of the SAME question right before giving birth to Addison. I'm still wondering about Christmas shopping. In fact, I almost told my husband the other night we should start NOW.

Just take a deep breath and know it will all be okay.

Oh - and I also truly enjoyed being pregnant this time and was so afraid I was going to miss being pregnant. I do...but I'm also soooooo occupied taking care of the little one who just moved out that I haven't had much time to think about it! I think the first two weeks were the hardest because of the baby blues, but I just took my little gift from God and held her up close to me and thanked Him for this opportunity to be her mommy.

Looking forward to hearing about your special day!

And one last thing...I thought that I'd added you onto my list of Blogging Buddies, but apparently haven't, so I'm going to do that now. I so enjoy reading your posts!

October 17, 2006 2:40 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

WOW! Your thoughts bring back the same questions I had 23 years ago. I just could not imagine being able to love another baby the same or more than I loved my first child but... it is just like God's love for us... it is unconditional and that kind of love is hard to explain until you experience it! Try not to worry and know that these are some of the most precious moments of your entire life. What a miricle... enjoy!
Blessings,
Nancy

October 17, 2006 9:28 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Everything will be o.k. Sweetheart. You'll be just fine!!

October 17, 2006 11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home