Life is Grand!!!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Hospital Update-10 Days To Go!

On Wednesday's post, Oh Great One asked about having my mom in the delivery room...which reminded me that I totally forgot to update you guys!

Recently, my hubby and I found out that the hospital has changed some of their policies. When I had my son four years ago, I was allowed to have two people with me. But because of the changes, I am now only allowed to have one person with me in the operating room. So all those fights...errrr, discussions with my hubby were all in vain. I was really disappointed after hearing about the new change, but there has been a change for the better. We are now allowed to take pictures of the baby right after he is born. Before, we weren't even allowed a camera in the operating room. I saw my son for maybe 20 seconds right after he was born. So I really don't know what he looked like right after birth. And now we can actually take pictures of our second born as soon as my doctor passes him on to a nurse! I'm so excited to have pictures of my baby before he is all cleaned off!!!

Anyway, it was really hard telling my mom about the new policy, but I offered her a consolation prize. I found out the visiting hours for grandparents is over at 10pm, so my hubby and I have invited our parents to the hospital to see their new grandson on his birthday. They will have about two hours to get to know the new little one and then my parents will take home my four year old. Since normal visiting hours are over at 8, we thought it would be a special treat for Papaw, Grandfather, and Grammie to be able to visit till 10!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

12
Blogger cube said...

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my mother in the OR. It would be too hard on her to watch a C-section. But that's just my mom. I did watch my own via a mirror.

October 13, 2006 10:45 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

This is a great plan...glad everything worked out! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

October 13, 2006 10:55 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

How frustrating! I personally wouldn't want my mother in with me. I am sorry that you aren't able to have her there with you though.

October 13, 2006 12:25 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I'm glad everything worked out. This was great because you didn't have to be a "bad guy" breaking it to your mom. It's out of your hands.

My second child was a scheduled c-section. They actually had me walk to the operating room with my I.V. It was so weird!

Take care and thanks for the update!

October 13, 2006 2:59 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That change in policy helped sort out a tricky problem for you, Trin.

My 300th post will be out late Sunday and all Monday. Hope you'll visit.

October 13, 2006 3:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd like to be with my daughter, actually all of my kids, whenever they are having their kids, but the choice really should be up to you and your husband, so i guess if you couldn't decide what to do, it's all for the best. i didn't realize you knew you were having a second son!!!

October 13, 2006 9:59 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry your mom can't be in there. But I can't help but think, maybe this decision was made for you so there would not be any hurt feelings later on. Divine intervention?

Are you nesting yet?

October 13, 2006 11:59 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

With my daughter, both her hubby and me were allowed inside the Delivery Room. That was a truly new experience because she delivered by CS this time.

Will be praying for your safe delivery and for the birth of a healthy baby.

God Bless!

October 14, 2006 5:23 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry about the change but this sounds like a great plan!

October 14, 2006 9:51 AM

 
Blogger G said...

Um... Sorry about the change. But it was nice that the dilemma was solved FOR us.

October 15, 2006 1:46 AM

 
Blogger Becky said...

That sounds like a fair compromise, even if it was somewhat out of your hands. When I was in my SIL's room, I was videotaping the birth of my niece (at her request) b/c my brother was in Afghanistan. After all this time had passed, some other nurse comes in and says that I can't tape any more. I assumed it was b/c of malpractice, but she was the only one that cared.

October 16, 2006 3:41 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Yeah, it was the same for us, Trin. Only one person in during surgery, but like your OR rules, he could take pics as soon as Doc handed off baby. Of course, hubby forgot camera cuz he was nervous as heck!

My mom actually stayed with me at night during the hospital stay. Daddy stayed home with Bella to keep things somewhat normal. It worked out beautifully other than freezing my mother out cuz I was so friggin hot! :)

October 16, 2006 5:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home