Life is Grand!!!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Another Busy Weekend Ahead

It seems like my hubby and I are always doing something. Last night I had a bridal shower and he had a side job. This weekend we need to get my parent's lawn mowed and we also need to get over to my mom's hair shop to clean (I love that extra money!). Tomorrow we have a sibling tour scheduled at the hospital. It's for small children and my son is supposed to take a small stuffed animal with him. He will have a short class and then he will get to see a recovery room as well as the baby nursery. I just want him to know that just because mommy is in the hospital, she is not sick. With the tour, I hope that he will better understand what mommy and the new baby will be doing at the hospital.

After the tour, my hubby and I need to do some last minute house cleaning since our church cell group is coming over for the OSU game. I'll be making mexican dip as well as candy Cheerios and buckeyes! I can't wait to taste it all!!! And while the game is going on, I hope to continue to work on my hubby's buckeye blanket. I really need to get it done in the next two weeks.

Then on Sunday, our church is having an OSU service. We are having a ton of past and present OSU players coming in for our second service as well as local football teams! There will be pizza and fellowship after the service, so I won't have to make lunch that day!

Also this weekend I'm hoping to get a pumpkin and carve it. We found these really cool OSU pumpkin patterns that I want to try out. We also need to stop by the grandparents house to see some visiting relatives. They don't come to town often and it would be great to see them again! And, my hubby will be working on the baby's crib. He is in the process of finding/ordering a part we need to finish putting it together. Oh, and I still need to get to the local baby store to get a few last minute things (like an ear thermometer) for the new little.

Well, that's my weekend...how about yours? Anything cool planned?

9
Blogger Jana said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I'm waiting to see what Hubby has planned. He gets home tonight from a four day business trip and I'm sure he's got something in mind for us to do!

I don't think ear thermometers work on infants. They have new ones that take a temperature by touching the forehead or temple that I think you can use from birth.

October 06, 2006 10:01 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

It sounds like it's a huge OSU weekend for you!

I'm sending my hubby off to the football game in New Orleans. Thanks again for the great idea. It felt so good to surprise him with the tickets!

October 06, 2006 11:54 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You've got a great weekend; mine will be dull!

October 06, 2006 1:46 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

Wow! I am tired just reading about your weekend. I think the hospital tour is a great idea. We did that for our son (25 years ago) before his new sister arrived and it really made a difference. Thank you for reminding me of that very special time in my life. Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Nancy

October 06, 2006 2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I hope all your plans work out.
We aren't doing a pumpklin this year.

October 07, 2006 8:31 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

You certainly have you hands full this weekend. Hope you have fun doing all of them.

Cheers and God Bless you and baby!

October 08, 2006 1:35 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. I got all the halloween stuff we needed yesterday and today we are going out for thanksgiving dinner.

October 08, 2006 9:07 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Whee! Sounds like you had fun. We went looking at duplex and townhomes, DUMPS is all I can say. All because my hubby's boss cut pay apparently because somebody whined that my hubby made more than he did.

October 09, 2006 11:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes!!!
i hope you plan on getting some rest in as well.
we are having our canadian thanksgiving this weekend, it's all about family and food.

October 09, 2006 12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home