Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm Back???

I really don't know if I'm back or not, but since I'm back at work today (watching the still sick red heads), I actually have time to blog-imagine that! Since I have the extra children that means that I have to put my little newborn down for his naps instead of holding him. :-( But, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed spending that alone time with my boys. I wanted to do nothing else...laundry was forgotten, dishes were left in the sink, emails were ignored, the house was a disaster area...but it all didn't matter since I wanted to spend all my waking time hanging out and holding my sons.

It's def taken me a little bit longer to recover this time around. With my first son, we had a ranch, so it was easier to get around. But now we have a two story with the laundry in the basement, so I really had to be careful to not overdo it. Plus, I caught the red's cold right before going into the hospital, so that didn't help things. Do you know how much it hurts to cough when you are stapled together?!

But, the birth went so much better with my second son! The spinal attempt was successful the first time around, so I didn't have a huge bruise on my back like I did with my first. And there was not as much pressure/pain with the birth. However, it did take three ladies to get my son out. My doctor tried to use a vacuum to get him out, but it wouldn't work since he has so much hair. So, she and the nurse had to pull on him as the anethesialogist was pushing on my belly. After a few minutes, my son finally popped out...and my hubby actually watched!

This time around, even though I was in more pain, I was sooo ready to leave the hospital as soon as they would let me. I just wanted to get home and spend as much family time as possible before my hubby had to go back to work. We ended up leaving the hospital on a Thursday, so I only had three days with my entire family at home. I wish it could have been more, but I'm very blessed to have my hubby work so close to home.

Like I said, I'm still not sure if I'm back for good yet. I'll have to make a new schedule for my boys this week, but I have def missed visiting you all!!!

17
Blogger cube said...

Don't worry about the house. Don't worry about anything except you & your new baby. Take the time for yourself. You deserve it.

November 07, 2006 12:04 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

I totally agree with Cube. DON"T OVERDO IT! That's an order! :)

Remember, though your scar heals fast, it takes much longer for the uterus and muscle!

How's your son handling new baby brother?

November 07, 2006 1:07 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Nice to see you update. Take care though, you've got a pretty full plate there! Overdoing it now will prolong your recovery!

November 07, 2006 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great to hear from you, Trin!

Make sure you look after yourself, as well as your little ones.

November 07, 2006 3:33 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

He looks so beautiful. The housework can wait, babies and mommies need each other. Congratulations!

November 07, 2006 8:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is alot harder on your body, so make sure you look after yourself. having said that, you'll be amazed how you feel in a month, as long as you're getting your rest!!!

November 07, 2006 10:58 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

oCONGRATULATIONS!!! How amazing. I've been out of the blogging for awhile and have missed it also. My dial-up is at war with blogger. Anyway, I'm so glad I was able to come today and see all your cute pics and everything! How wonderful!!!

November 08, 2006 12:23 AM

 
Blogger Captain Berk said...

You need a Creche like we have on Starfleet Nursery decks

November 08, 2006 8:14 AM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Take it easy, Trinity! Since this was my first time to have a C-Section, i was pretty surprised with the pain of recovering from it! So i understand how difficult moving around and getting back to work can be. I'm on my 6th week already, but I still feel slight pains way beneath my scar. I hope I will be a 100% soon too :-)

November 08, 2006 10:15 AM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I'm glad to hear that things went well for you guys and that you're feeling okay. Nice to see you back:)

November 08, 2006 3:37 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I am glad to see a post from you! I have missed you. I agree with Cube take your time, things will come.

November 08, 2006 3:44 PM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

November 08, 2006 9:10 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

What a special time in your life... enjoy every minute and if you have no time to blog...we all understand!

November 09, 2006 5:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I was so happy to see this post. I had been wondering about you!!!

Enjoy this time! (Sounds like you already know that!) Make sure you take care of yourself to!

November 10, 2006 11:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear good things from you. It wont be long befor eyou figure out how to put more blog time in your schedule

November 10, 2006 9:01 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

just checkin in to see how you are doing.

November 12, 2006 11:47 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Am glad to know everything is alright with everyone.

God Bless!

November 15, 2006 7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home