Life is Grand!!!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Snot, Snot, Everywhere!

I hate hate hate snotty noses!!! I hate them! Both the red's have snotty noses and it's driving me nuts! Every 5 minutes, the baby will have a stream of green snot running down his face...it's so disgusting! I can usually handle my son's nose muck, but I don't do so well with the snot from the boys I watch. It just grosses me out big time!! But I need to get used to it since the reds are usually sick all winter. They are never both well at the same time!

Anywho, we will probably have a busy weekend here at my house. I want to change all the bed sheets and clean all the floors so the house is more inviting for the baby and I on Thursday. I also need to wash the baby's take home outfit and my son's new "I'm the big brother" shirt. I need to pack up my hospital bag and make sure that we have enough batteries for our camera. We also need to take our four year old to the store for him to find a gift for his little bro...and we need to find something for the baby to give to his big brother (thanks for the idea Jennboree!).

After all of that, my hubby and I are having some alone time on Sunday. Grammie is watching the boy so that we can have one more date before the baby comes. We plan on seeing a movie before having a relaxing dinner together. And I hope that we can settle one a baby name during our time together! :-)

So, have a great weekend everyone...I know I will!

11
Blogger Jana said...

Ew, snotty noses! I'm the same way. I can handle my own kids, but others gross me out.

Have fun getting ready for Monday!

October 20, 2006 10:56 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Blogger ate my comment! It's just as well. I went on a mini rant about parents hauling sick kids around....I'll stop before it happens again.

I'm glad you are having a date before the big event. It'll be nice for you two to share a little down time before things get crazy. I'm so happy for you. Take care, I'll be thinking of you!

October 20, 2006 11:31 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Icky snotty noses are one thing I have a difficult time with, especially when I'm pregnant! Yuck!

Hope the start feeling better soon and aren't sick all winter!

October 20, 2006 2:38 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You seem to want to do many things. Aren't you suppose to get some rest before the baby comes? You will need it. Let someone do the cleaning for you.]
Take care and can't wait to see the baby.

October 20, 2006 7:47 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

It sounds like you have everything in order. Be sure to make some time for yourself. Maybe a bubble bath, relaxing music, candles, or just a bowl of ice cream.
Blessings,
Nancy

October 20, 2006 10:44 PM

 
Blogger G said...

You sure have done a lot to make our new baby feel right at home. It feels so good getting all of the little things taken care of!!

p.s. don't let the candles melt your ice cream into your bathwater. Hee Hee!

October 20, 2006 11:18 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You all are in my thoughts and prayers... I can't wait to hear about the little one.

Take care of yourself!

October 21, 2006 12:12 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're getting everything well prepared, Trin!

October 21, 2006 8:24 AM

 
Blogger Qtpies7 said...

We are so similar in our thoughts right now! I'm waiting on my c-section one week after yours! And its a boy. However, it is my 7th baby. I just thought I'd jump in and say to your other posts that you'll do fine, your son will adjust wonderfully, and you'll never be completely ready, so relax! (I'm still missing the mattress to my bassinette, and that freaks me out!) I love the date idea!
Try not to get too strung out about the middle name, worst case you don't have to have him named when you leave the hospital, you can take some time to get to know him and decide for sure.
God bless,
qtpies7

October 21, 2006 3:38 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I hate that too! Little Princess has allergies so I deal with dirty noses a lot! ICK.

I just wanted to let you know my blog has moved to:
http://aftertheglassslipper.braveblog.com/

October 22, 2006 6:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what ever you do try to find rest in there, and don't over due it with the cleaning.

October 23, 2006 6:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home