Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So Tired

I don't have much energy as I write this...I'm so tired right now! It wouldn't be so bad if I only had to take care of my boys, but watching the red heads is really taking it out of me. They are dropped off at 7:15, so it's hard to start getting ready at 6:45 when the baby doesn't go to sleep till 1:30am. I would love to have a nap time (when the reds are napping), like I did when I was prego, but that's when the baby is awake and wants to eat.

I love caring for my two boys, but I wish I didn't have the watch the other two. If my hubby and I didn't depend so much on the money, I would quit watching them. To put it nicely, I don't enjoy their company right now. :-) They are both sick and I'm tired of hearing them cough around my newborn (among many other reasons why I could use a break from watching them). Don't get me wrong, I love the reds, but they are driving me a bit crazy right now!

On a side note, last night my hubby and I passed the neighborhood where Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is building a new home. Since it was about 10pm, we saw the big spot lights set up, but the streets were closed around the house. We did see part of the home and we passed a parking lot where all the equipment and building materials were parked/stored. My parents church is one of the host churches for the show, so a lot of their members are volunteers for the week. My mom's co-worker is supposed to work over there today and get a free t-shirt out of it! I could of helped out, but I'm just a little bit busy this week. :-) I'm looking forward to the show which should be airing some time in February.

Have a great hump day everyone!

(Btw, I'm sorry to say that our blogging friend, Princess Jemmers, has currently decided to call it quits. She has deleted her blog (and now can't view anyone else's blog/site), but is hoping to possibly start up again if she ever gets an internet connection at her home. We will miss you PJ!!!)

15
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope it gets better for you soon. Your little guy will fall into a routine and these days (nights) will be a distant memory!

That is cool about Extreme Home! They were in my county about two months ago. The Deputy worked 80+ hours that week (he assisted in security). It is amazing what they can do in such a short amount of time.

November 15, 2006 10:12 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I wouldn't have been too fond of watching other people's kids when I had a newborn, either. Things'll get better - just rest when you can!

November 15, 2006 11:40 AM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

I hope things get better soon. I will pray for you. I remember when my 2 little ones were small it was so tiring and I didn't even keep other children. (Plus the extra germs to worry about.) I admire you are keeping them, what a blessing for their parents and I pray that things will get better soon.

I loved reading about the Extreme Home in your area. That would be so exciting.

Things will get better... and that will be a blessing indeed.

November 15, 2006 12:12 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Those first few weeks with a new one are tiring as it is. Throw in some extra munchkins and that's GOT to be exhausting. Take care of yourself. Maybe you could turn in early while the hubby watches baby? Then trade off? I don't know. Just an idea.

November 15, 2006 2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm really surprised you're finding time to blog at all. it won't be long before the baby is sleeping through, in the meantime, can you squeeze in a nap after dinner time, before your bedtime? it's just a matter of finding an hour when you can actually get some rest.

November 15, 2006 3:49 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry that you are so tired and that reds are a handful right now. I wish there was some way for you to get by only caring for your two it is hard enough with a new baby without having to be up to care for other children all day as well. ((hugs))

That is really cool about Home Makeover! make sure you let us know when that episode airs!

November 15, 2006 4:19 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

I just heard yesterday that Extreme Home Makeover was even here! I haven't been by, but it would be pretty cool to see.

Boo, Jemmers leaving! We'll miss her cute and littleness.

November 15, 2006 6:46 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

I so understand what you're going through. Keira sleeps at around 1am as well, but thankfully has adjusted a bit and sleeps all the way till 6am (giving me 5 hours at least to catch up on sleep). Just keep yourself healthy and strong, drink your vitamins! The Reds are sick and when you're weak and your systen's down, the last thing we'd want is a sick mommy! God bless...

November 15, 2006 10:53 PM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

sorry you couldnt take time off, im sure your exhausted.

November 17, 2006 11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this is just the storm before the rainbow.

November 17, 2006 11:24 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Trin, you are invited to the Enterprise Christmas Party, due to start week commencing Monday 4th December.

The closing date for submitting your entry is Wednesday 29th November.

For full details, visit my Journal at http://jlpicard.blogspot.com/

November 17, 2006 2:41 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you are able to get the rest you need soon.

November 20, 2006 11:03 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

I don't know how you do it! I tried babysitting after having my 1st and it was just too much! You are Supermom!

Sure do miss Jemmers' cute & little blog! Thanks for letting us know what happened to her site!

November 21, 2006 11:15 AM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Hey girl, Happy (U.S.) Thanksgiving! Hope your turkey makes you sleepy and you have that nap you need! Huggs!

November 21, 2006 2:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you're enjoying your new little one!

November 24, 2006 9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home