Life is Grand!!!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Update

It's been pretty busy over here in our household. We just got through Thanksgiving, where I brined a turkey for the first time, and we are starting to get ready for Christmas. My hubby was out early on Black Friday to get a few deals. He was up at 3am and he meet my brother at a local store were the line ended up around the parking lot and building. They ended up getting half of what they were after, but I'm happy since they were able to find my Cmas gift there!

We got our family Christmas picture taken on Saturday...and the studio was only running an hour behind! So my hubby had to walk around our nicely dressed son so he wouldn't get bored and I had to hope that the baby would continue sleeping so he wouldn't wake up and want to eat. When it was finally our turn, my son was in a goofy mood and wouldn't sit still. We ended up getting several poses taken, but I'm really not happy with most of them. Of course, I hate how I look in the family picture and the baby pictures look like a child took them...so I won't be buying the proofs when they come in.

I need to get out and finish up my Cmas shopping (I only have a few people left), but we don't have any extra money right now...if only the bills would stop coming! We should really put up our decorations, we neither my hubby or I are in the mood. We just have too much going on and I don't feel like chasing the kids and the cat away from all our hard work. We are hosting a family Cmas here, so I guess we will get the tree out a few days before the 25th. :-)

11
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's just unfair of companies to make us pay bills in December. We should protest!!

November 27, 2006 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Usually I'm just about finished by now but not this year. I'm way behind! I hope my husbands Christmas bonus comes soon!

It was good to hear from you!

November 27, 2006 2:35 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a great idea to have a family picture taken, Trin!

November 27, 2006 3:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots of time to get that tree up!
i'm almost done my shopping and i've even started the wrapping part.

November 27, 2006 6:20 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. As for the pictures, you'll be glad you have them (bad and all) a few years down the road.

November 27, 2006 7:49 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

I think we have plenty of time to decorate... I am hoping the mood will hit me soon too!

November 28, 2006 8:48 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh boy. Those family pics in studios rarely go smoothly. Enjoy the Christmas season. I can't wait.

November 28, 2006 11:44 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Things happen here really early. Are Christmas tree and decors are already up! :-)

November 29, 2006 5:05 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

We've been too busy here to put anything up yet. I agree with nancy, there's plenty of time.

November 30, 2006 1:42 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

OMG I hate picture studios. They are almost always running late and keeping little ones looking nice is always such a chore.

On top of that, I always feel so dumb for being too dressed up in a Target or something. Even when I go to a "real" portrait studio, I feel dumb because I don't feel like my "dressed up self" is good enough.

Oh well, sounds like I have problems...

December 01, 2006 9:00 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Am glad everything's alright with everyone. I haven't been able to blog lately and I really am missing a lot. I'll try to read your other posts after I go through the rounds.

(((hugs)))

December 03, 2006 4:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home